Regular Crossderry readers know I’m partial to ERP upgrade tips and advice (here, here, here, and here). This list by Beth Stackpole stood out as one of the more practical and insightful “Why to upgrade” lists around. In particular, point four is often overlooked.
- Upgrade an ERP system that’s more than five years old.
- Upgrade when ERP system integration is difficult.
- Upgrade when an ERP system is missing the “modern” features and functions required to efficiently run the business.
- Upgrade when employees, partners and consultants aren’t using the system — or aren’t available to fix it.
- Upgrade when it’s obviously time, whether the hard upgrade ROI is clear or not.
As they say… read the whole post.